Those looking to upgrade their home might be considering either double glazing or triple glazing.
It is not just as simple as one option contains two panes of glass, whereas the other contains three. There are a number of additional factors to consider. You should think about cost, appearance, and energy efficiency. We also advise that you think about bringing in a FENSA certified installer.
Here at Thurston Waste, we’re helping you to make the best choice for your home!
Benefits Of Double Glazing:
- Double glazing is much cheaper than triple glazing.
- They can reduce the amount of heat lost through your windows by up to 100%.
- They are one of the most popular types of windows all across the United Kingdom!
- They provide good noise insulation, making them perfect for those living street side, in busy/build-up areas.
- They have a long lifespan.
Downfalls of Double Glazing:
- They are not as energy efficient as triple glazing, due to having one less pane of glass.
- They are easier to break into than triple glazing windows – again, due to having one less pane of glass.
- They don’t have as long a lifespan as triple glazing windows.
- If they do become damaged, or are not installed correctly, they may require additional investment to ensure energy efficiency.
- There is a chance of condensation forming between the two panes.
Benefits of Triple Glazing:
- Produces an incredibly low ‘U Value’ – the rate at which heat transfers through a structure.
- Extremely energy efficient, and will help you to save money on your energy bills.
- Very secure against break-ins, and can act as somewhat of a deterrent for intruders.
- A very long lifespan, and will not need to be replaced for 20-30 years (if installed and maintained correctly).
- Provides more noise insulation than double glazing, due to having a third layer of glass.
Downfalls of Triple Glazing:
- Can be much more expensive than double glazing windows, due to the additional energy efficiency benefits.
- Triple-glazed windows are a lot heavier than double glazing.
- They may not be ideal for the typical UK climate.
Both double and triple glazing offers great benefits to your home. It is important to consider all the factors before making your choice, as one of them may not be suited for your home!
Get In Touch!
If you want a quote for either double-glazed or triple-glazed windows, then don’t be afraid to get in touch today!